Saturday, October 11, 2008

Falling in

Visiting old haunts this weekend, I went by the old church in my home county.



I actually spent a lot of my upbringing hanging around that old building. My dad was a church custodian, which in Norway means that he was responsible for the building, the grounds and yes - the cemetery. I spent summers running around the gravestones and trying to decipher some of the writing on the old tombstones. I also helped out my dad by watering the flowers on the graves and cutting the grass. I even remember having to rake all the leaves at one time. There were a LOT of trees around there!


Though a lot of the old trees are cut down now, due to age and bad weather, there are still a lot of huge old trees. And at this time of the year they are just magnificent.


No comments: