Thursday, July 3, 2008

Elisabeth's quilt




Last weekend I gave away my best quilt till now, I think:-) My sister-in-law, Elisabeth, turned 50, and I asked a long time ago if she wanted a quilt. After having ascertained what kind of colours she wanted, I realised I had a chance to do what I had been looking for: go wild with Japanese fabric:-) I had been to a class that Rie Norum held at Kathrines Quiltestue in Oslo, how to make the block Walter's Place from Dear Jane, and had decided I wanted to try that block. My dream is to make a Baby Jane.... some day.... so this would be good practice, I thought.

I spent months looking for the fabric. So fun! The actual block was not so easy - 22 pieces.


I struggled, but managed in the end. In fact, it turned out way better than I thought. The guys at Kathrines did a good job helping me finding the 'in-between- fabric and the borders. They have such a good eye!

I can recommend Rie Norum and Hilde Aanerud Krohg's book: Quilt Shack: Over 30 Charming Patchwork And Applique Designs. You can find it on Amazon.

No comments: