Saturday, August 29, 2009

Let sleeping cats lie

I am cat sitting again. This time for Tommy. He is an older cat who spends his days sleeping, and his nights sleeping. I swear I get tired just by looking at him. This is his favourite place if I am on the couch.
And this is his favourite place if I am somewhere else.
When he wakes up to change positions, I feel like quoting the famous line from the old Frankestein movie: 'It's alive!' I swear I have never seen a cat sleep this much. That is, until I am sitting at my work table with any kind of paper.
Then he streeetches himself all over my paper and can't understand why I keep shoving him away! 'How would you not want to pet me when I am lying here in all my splendour?'
'You are just here for my amusement. No work, just play!'
Hard to get anything done with his claws deep into my writing arm.....

No comments: