Monday, November 29, 2010

Winterstorm

I went on a pre-Christmas visit to my aunt and uncle, who lives in the middle of a forest. To get there, you have to drive through acres and acres of fields. In the summer, it is full of colour and lights. Now?
It brings to mind those pictures of snow deserts up north. I had the hardest time driving back home, as it snowed and blowed. A few places the roads were clear, like here, because it got blown away by the wind. Other places I had a hard time driving, as the roads were piled up with snow. Again, because of the wind.
I am just amazed at the difference the seasons make in a place. So vitale and lively in the summer, but so desolute now. No one to see, no one outside. All the creatures, big and small, inside in the warmth.
I wish I could add a soundbyte to the pictures. The haunting sound of the wind blowing over empty places.

No comments: