Monday, October 31, 2011

On my way to work....

I have to admit, I am not fond of fall. When I am having a dark period, like I have had for a while now, fall becomes even more sinister. It is the prelude to winter, after all. Winter, which in this country means you don't really see daylight much during the work week. It is dark when you leave for work, and dark when you leave work. No hourlong daily lunches in Norway:)

Sometimes I force myself to notice positive things with fall. This morning, for instance, the morning sun spread gold over the ground as I walked through the Royal Park on my way to work.
And the ducks waddled around. Don't they leave for warmer parts now?

As for crafts - it is the beginning of the Christmas gift making period, and nothing much I can show on the blog! Though I have now started to cut these fabrics, so that I can hopefully make myself the Alpine star quilt. A little bit of colour and cheerfulness during the long winter. Never knew how much TIME it takes to cut all the fabric for one quilt all at once, though! Still not done....

No comments: