Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fascinated!

I can't help it, I am so fascinated by these... flowers? I think they are thistles with a slight infection of spiders... because there is only one plant with these marvels:) The plant thrives though, so I guess they are not a danger to it. But what wonderful creations.
I went back there yesterday to see if they were still there. The other thistles were starting to die down (I can't believe it is that time of year again!!) but these were still looking quite lovely.
And the bees were still at it. In fact very much so! I guess they are starting to feel the oncoming cold season and want to get as much pollen in as possible. No playing around any more. Winter is coming. Sigh... it is melancholic.

I really like how the sky turned out overhead. Like a painting with broad strokes.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I'm amazed that the macro settings on your camera picked up so much detail on the bees -- and it's also interesting to see the different (bigger?) variety of bee you have in Norway vs. what we have here. Thanks for all of the amazing photos you publish!