Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I won't hatch!

One of my favourite poem these days are from Shel Silverstein:

Oh, I am a chickie who lives in an egg/but I will not hatch, I will not hatch.
The hens they all cackle, the roosters all beg,/But I will not hatch, I will not hatch.
For I hear all the talk of pollution and more /As the people all shout and the airplanes roar.
So I'm staying in here/where it's safe and it's warm.
And I WILL NOT HATCH!

So instead of thinking about loosing my job and the difficulty of getting a new one in this failing world economy, I think I will adopt the chickie's attitude, 'stay in here where it's safe and warm':) and share some photos of a beautiful fall day in Oslo.



I like the way the maple threes have all the different colours going at once.



This is from my favourite place, Bærums Verk. It is an old factory area that has been redone into an artist village, where the workers old living quarters have been made into small shops. One of my favourite quilt shops are situated here. The place is wonderful at any time of year, with the river running through it. There will be more pictures:)

No comments: