Monday, September 15, 2008

Back to work

I have just returned from three weeks of vacation - in beautiful Colorado. Having lived there for a couple of years as a student about.... twentyish.... years ago, I return to visit friends whenever I can. I have been fortunate to have been able to go almost every year the last five or six years, and hope I can continue doing that. It is a treasure to see my friends' children grow up and to be a part of their lives - albeit a small one.

Returning back to Norway is not easy. Fall is arriving, the days are becoming shorter and shorter, and the weather colder and colder. Add to that a fear of loosing my job (will learn my fate at the end of this month!) - and the wish to stay in Colorado is greatly enhanced.

With no other choice than to return home and face the music, I will have to be content with revisiting via pictures. However, I did not take that many this time. I wonder why.....



Rocky Mountains in sunset. I never tire to look at the Rockies. Always new colours, never the same. So different from Norway.




We went up to Estes Park for a day. These flowers, or shrubs, or whatever they are - had some amazing colours. They almost looked like miniature trees in the middle of fall!

Thanks guys, for letting me come back, year after year. Love you all!:-)

No comments: