Saturday, July 23, 2011

I am at a loss...

for words. I never thought it would happen here, in this little quiet part of the world. I am angry and sad. Angry that a human being believed his opinions were worth the lives of over 90 people, most of them just in the beginning of their lives. I am sad thinking about all the people who have lost family and friends, that their lives have been changed forever. My thoughts are with them.
I am amazed at how quickly the police, hospitals, firemen and all the volunteers rose to the occasion, even at this time of summer. I am proud of being a Norwegian today.We will not let this destroy us.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Lene, I was so saddened by the news when I heard it, and I immediately thought of you. Such terrible loss, such a horrific tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected, and to all Norwegians. Hugs.

Siobhán said...

What a horrible thing to happen--I know how much that scars your heart. I can't watch or listen to the news any more about it--it is just so sad. We prayed for the people of Norway and those hurt and killed at church yesterday, here in Ireland. Your people are in our thoughts & prayers.