Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Long time, many stitches

I started a sweater as a Christmas gift last year. However, shoulder issues kept me from finishing it in time. So when I finished knitting Rock Island, I decided to not allow myself to start something new until I have done with this.

It's an old Norwegian pattern, the yarn a thin wool that slides comfortably enough on the needles. The only problem is that there are almost 400 stitches! By the time I was at the top of the sweater, it was long and quite heavy! Not helping on the shoulder, I must say. But now the body is done, and I only have to do the sleeves! They are featherweights in comparison!


This particular pattern has an interesting addition of embroidery around the neck:) I will keep you posted as I start embroidering it.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

So beautiful! I so want to learn how to knit in color like that. I bet it's heavy -- but oh so pretty!