Monday, July 11, 2011

Look what I did!

Funny thing, I have knitted since I was 11 years old. It is something I do with 'half a brain', while watching TV or talking with friends. I have, however, not done a lot of lace. When I saw this pattern, I just had to try it out. The spiderwebiness (yes, I do know that is not a word) of it fascinated me, I could not understand how it could be possible - with knitting! So I tried. And it worked!
Ok, so I had to block it, which hurts my fiberloving heart sooo much! (Can you guess I do not like blocking knitted fabric? :))The softness of the yarn is gone, as expected. But... maybe I can just keep it on the wall to look at? :)

Amazing what you can do with thin yarn and two sharpish needles. I bow to the genius of the designer. (Pattern is Rock Island Shawl by Jared Flood. I got mine on Ravelry)

1 comment:

Margaret said...

It's so so beautiful though! Just gorgeous! So does the yarn really stop being soft after blocking? That is sad, I have to say. But it's just so pretty!