Sunday, July 3, 2011

It Rocks!

I made it! The shawl got done before the yarn went out! It was a true race in the end, fewer and fewer stitches, lesser and lesser yarn. But the shawl won! :)


Now I just need to block it. I am so against blocking knitted material, it truly pains me to have to do it. I feel it destroys the quality of yarn completely. I still don't know why people would block a beautifully knitted elastic and fluffy garment into something completely... not! But... the pattern of this shawl would not really show without it, and it also needs to be twice it size. And it was the cobweb look of the pattern that drew me to it. So I guess I have to 'woman up' to it. Next weekend, maybe.


On the other hand, I try to sew a little now and then. I did not like the way I put the stars together earlier, so I wanted to try something else. I think I like this better. More white, with a little of red. I think it will look nice in the end.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I'm so glad you made it with the yarn! Whew! It's so pretty! I've never figured out the whole blocking thing. It does seem to make a difference with these lacy things though (just from looking at knitting blogs). Good luck! Love the stars too!