Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hopping along

Did three new DJ blocks yesterday!

I truly, truly appreciate the one who came up with the idea to do paperpiecing with freezer paper. How incredibly much more easier it is with that. However, I do find that the sewing machine foot sometimes get stuck on the shiny side, giving me a row of very, very small stitches. Maybe I need to wait until the paper cool down some. And - the paper is HOT after being ironed! Note to myself: be careful!

B4, Chris's Soccer Field was the first one I made. Came out pretty well. It is made as one full block with the freezer paper.


Next came B 13, Four Corner Press, strip pieced.... as you can see. Makes you want to make every block with freezer paper.



The third was the most difficult one. And it came out kind of crocked. I might redo the final seams on this one, or the whole thing. A1, Pinwheel Gone Awry. However, freezerpaper is a gift here, too, with so many small corners!



Starting this quilt makes me appreciate the work Jane Stickle did all those years ago. By hand, from scratch, making all the blocks herself. Truly a piece of art. Mine will be just a mere pale copy. But I will have my very own Baby Jane:)

No comments: